Simply take a clean dry glass jar or canister and place fresh clean raspberries, pealed sliced peaches or any other fruit alone or in combination. Pour a full bottle of Colorado vodka over the fruit, over and place in the sunlight for two weeks. Strain and sweeten with simple syrup or superfine sugar. You may also try infusing juniper berries, a vanilla bean, teas, fresh herbs, hot peppers, dry hibiscus flowers etc.
Secrets to great infusions
1. Use a clean, pure vodka.
2. Use farm fresh ripened fruit, herbs, peppers etc.
3. Wash fruit thoroughly.
4. Be careful not to leave in the sun too long.
5. After two weeks, store out of the sun for a longer shelf life.
6. Use less sweetner to allow more of the natural flavors to come through.
7. Serve your infusions over ice as a cocktail, chilled in a martini glass, mixed with club soda or straight as a liqueur.
More Infusion Cocktails:
Triple Citrus 75
Cherry Infusion Fruit Fizz
More Vodka Cocktails