(4 servings Vinaigrette yields about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons citrus flavored vodka
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice Drink OR Light Ruby Grapefruit Juice Drink
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon shredded lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch white pepper
- pinch ground ginger
- 16 uncooked, shelled and deveined large shrimp with tails left on (about 3/4 pound)
- 12 sea scallops (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, garnish
1) Mix all vinaigrette ingredients in a small covered container. Reserve 1/4 cup for broiling seafood; refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for several hours to blend flavors.
2) Preheat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Rinse shrimp and scallops in cold water; drain well. Place shrimp and scallops on prepared baking sheet. Brush with the reserved 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat until scallops are opaque and shrimp are pink and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes, turning once.
3) Place cooked seafood in a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate until cold.
4) To serve, divide seafood among 4 individual plates; pour vinaigrette over seafood. Sprinkle with green onions. If desired, garnish with additional lemon peel and fresh herbs.
(Recipe by: Ocean Spray/Cocktail Times.com)
More Seafood Recipes
Citrus Martini Ceviche
Ruby Martini Seafood Salad
More Cooking Recipes